Bittermens, Transatlantic Modern · 5oz
Regular price $19.99
Unit price per
Extremely complex, but not in a confusing way. It’s a little sweet, nicely bitter and surprisingly fruity. We’ve merged the great bitters of the world to create an aromatic bitter that is useful in such a wide array of drinks. Good alternative to Angostura without the colorant or added sugar. The only sweetness comes from licorice root.
- From the most classic Aromatic bitters of Venezuela and Trinidad, we created a base that includes gentian, clove, allspice and cinnamon
- From New Orleans style bitters, we blend in angelica and anise seed
- From the iconic Italian Fernet, we fortify the bitterness in a touch of aloe and chicory
- From the Alpine Amaro tradition, we add in chamomile and dandelion
- From the tradition of German digestives, we incorporate cherry bark and licorice
In total, sixteen botanicals make up this unique aromatic offering.
For years, customers and distributors have asked Bittermens if we would ever release iconic flavors that have been made popular by other brands. From day one, we’ve always said that we won’t simply copy other flavors in the market, nor make replicas of historical flavors. However, if we had a unique perspective and could create something truly useful, that’s a different story.
Then it hit us. Could we create new classic aromatic bitters that unified the great bitters traditions – not just cocktail bitters but bitter liqueur flavor profiles as well